Thursday 15 April 2010

Sometimes I forget that I’m not Bakerella, which is how my cup-cookies/ cookie cakes/ muffin biscuits came about.

It started with this post from Bakerella. I made these cookie mix jars for my sister and my friend as part of the Handmade Christmas project. But then I didn’t see my friend over Xmas. And by the time we did go out to dinner, it was embarrassingly late to produce my gift. So I shoved the jar to the back of the cupboard where I forgot about it until last week when I was clearing out the cupboards ready for the move.

Photobucket

p.s. does anyone have any ideas who to stop the sugar from mashing into the M&Ms like that? Bakerella's look a lot neater than mine did!

In what I thought was a baking inspired brain wave I decided to use up all my ingredients before moving. I made bread, cake, lemonade (600g of sugar- hell yeah) and decided I might as well use up the cookie mix too. Only I couldn’t remember how much butter to use. So I guessed. Which led to Very Runny Cookie Dough. I couldn’t mould the balls with my hands. So I poured it into muffin cases instead.

And they looked something like this.

Photobucket


They were the perfect consistency for cookies, still soft in the middle, but crunchy on the outside. Just a bit umm… weird. Being that they were cake-shaped and all. But hey, if it’s good enough for Bakerella.

No comments:

Post a Comment